Expeditionary Information Systems is a small consultancy based in Helena, Montana providing project development services to people and organizations launching new products or beginning to emerge as communities of practice.
We specialize in helping people organize and launch new projects and move towards shared goals. We do this by identifying initial goals and design ideas; developing project plans, benchmarks and budgets, then moving on to creating prototypes, developing funding proposals, building the production platform, then optimizing the results based on real-world traffic loads and use patterns.
Our services include:
- Needs assessment, research, and planning
- Interaction design and facilitation
- Support & training
- Facilitation & management of online communities
- Project and team management and evaluation
- Workflow and production process optimization
- Constituency/membership & fundraising management
We prefer to work with open-source tools and methods, but have also developed proprietary software to facilitate collaborative work, and work with a variety of hosted service providers. Since 2004, we have been tailoring the Drupal CMS framework to fit individual organizational needs and budgets.