You might often look at your hands and feet and worry about them not being properly nourished. Many of us have the habit of biting our nails. And many of us don’t care a bit about our feet, especially during winter season as we think that they’ll remain covered. Fortunately, we have the manicure and the pedicure spa treatment to effectively take care of your hands and feet, all the year round.
You don’t have to deal with the overgrown nails and calloused dry skin, when you can easily have soft, smooth and the perfectly polished nails. Try our forfait spa for the best affordable spa packages in the region. Let us here know in detail about manicures and pedicures.
What are manicures and pedicures?
Manicure describes the wide range of treatments that you can perform to improve or maintain the condition of your nails and hands. Pedicure refers to the use of cosmetic products to maintain the appearance of your toenails and feet. Different types of massage techniques, lotions, and tools are used depending upon your choice of the type of manicure or pedicure. Most of them comprise of nail filing, removal of deal cells and the neatening of cuticle.
Types of manicures
There are several manicure techniques available in the market. Some of them are:
- American manicure: These provide a rounded finishing to the nails.
- French Manicure: The French polish used makes this technique unique.
- Gel-polish manicure: this makes use of a special gel that is chip-resistant which dries quickly.
- Mini manicure: This includes the polish and the file treatments.
Procedure of manicures and pedicures
The process of manicure and pedicure almost remains same. The following are the steps involved:
- Soaking: The foremost thing is to soak your hands or feet in bubbling, warm water.
- File: After drying up your feet and hands, the nails will be trimmed and given a uniform shape according to your choice.
- Cuticle: After cleansing, a cuticle cream would be applied on the nails to make them neater.
- Exfoliating and massaging: Then the therapist would clean off the dead skin cells and provide you with a relaxing massage.
- Polish: After this, your chosen color will be applied on your nails in a double coating.
It is important to take care of your nails after the process. Follow the following steps:
- Take care of the nails for the next 12 hours, till the polish dries up completely. Avoid doing strenuous task or wearing bulky shoes.
- You may wear gloves.
- Avoid biting nails.
- Use a pumice stone to clean the feet.
It is very important to take care of your hands and feet and keep them neat and clean. Manicures and pedicures are the best way to keep them in shape. All the point mentioned above would surely help you to understand the process of these techniques and their benefits for your skin.